Wednesday, July 9, 2014

American Girl Doll Night Gown and Blankie Pattern Review

Brand new pattern from Love U Bunches night gown and blanket. I made two night gowns and two blankie's.  Bitty Twin and McKenna are shown modeling the two nightie's and blankie's.  The pattern does not mention using this gown on 15 inch Bitty Twin. I thought I would try it on her and it fit.  I did not have to make any adjustments in the pattern for it to fit 15 inch American Girl Bitty Twin doll. 



Here is the Pattern you can purchase from Pixie Faire Me & My Blankie






This patter was easy to follow, easy to sew.  I used a straight stitch of 3.5 to sew on my  fold over elastic - FOE.  I used Velcro hook and Loop from Farmcookies on Etsy - Ultra thin Velcro for doll and it worked perfect for this nightie.  



I used a ribbed knit for both blankies.  Polyester ribbon from Hobby Lobby on Bitty Twins blanket and Grossgrain ribbon from Hobby Lobby on McKenna's blankie.


This was my first experience on sewing with fold over elastic (FOE) and I didn't have any problem with it.  I purchased my FOE at Hobby Lobby in the Ribbon and Trim section.  They have multiple colors and design prints to choose from. I like to purchase it when they are having 50% off Ribbon, Trim and Tulle sale.

I hope you have enjoyed this pattern review and found it to be inspirational. To keep up with my sewing adventures be sure to click on the Join this site on the left hand side of screen to follow me.



GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment