Sunday, February 16, 2014

Denim Jackets for the AmericanGirl Doll's

I recently had a request for two custom denim jackets - dark and light colored denim jackets on my Etsy site.  I had already purchased the jacket pattern from Liberty Jane/Pixie Faire site. 
Denim Jacket 18" Doll Clothes
http://www.pixiefaire.com/collections/18-inch-doll-jacket-patterns/products/denim-jacket-18-doll-clothes

I also found a Youtube video on making this jacket from kkollect http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COF_-W7m4aQ

Here are my end results:



 
The "Mountain Dew" bottles in photos are a thrifty find at local Wal-Mart store.  They are actually lip balm containers which makes perfect size for doll drink.

I have only been sewing for almost two years and I love sewing. I call it my cotton therapy.  I still have a lot to learn and I truly enjoy sewing doll clothes for the 18 inch American Girl dolls and I have started recently sewing for the 15 inch doll - Itty Bitty twins.

As always thanks for stopping by and I hope I have inspired you :) to follow your dreams too.

GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment