Friday, October 11, 2013

New items for the 18 inch doll boutique

Wow, cannot believe I have not posted in such a long time.  Upon returning back to work in August, I feel as though my life has turned upside down.  Work is very busy with promotion from Associate Professor to an Assistant Professor - huge note book I have to put together to submit and then all the busy work our nursing programs re-accreditation, not to mention the two overload teaching jobs/task I have taken on top of my regular teaching load.  I was appointed the program coordinator over the med-surge course.  I feel like I have no time for my hobbies.    I am so exhausted we I get home now.  I am sure some of you are going through the same thing.  But there is hope - there is light at the end of this tunnel.  LOL.  I have been sewing some and selling a lot locally and I have been selling a lot on Etsy too. My doll backpacks have been a huge hit. 

My husband made me some school desk and I have been using those for my photo shoots.  I have been making some school doll supplies too - pencils and folders.

Here are some photos of what I have been making since my last post and selling.


Pink Paisley - another very popular design.  Ruffled pants.  Shirt is made from LJC summer in Paris. top pattern
This is a very popular ruffled outfit - I have request to make more.  The "Paris theme" outfit.
 This denim ruffled outfit, sandals, chevron backpack and school supplies I made and donated to the college I work at for the Scholarship auction.  Dennis made me the chair and desk. 
 Peace design backpack
Here is a better view of the doll size pencils I made and school folders.  I tried to purchase popular style of cardstock - chevron and dots.
 Here are the two school desk my husband made.  I made the chevron backpack and pencils and folders.
 Aqua Teal ruffled outfit - top/dress combo.
 Below is a black and blue custom Alpha Cheer embroidered ordered I did for a customer on Etsy. I used the "glitter" sheets found at Hobby Lobby back in the craft section to embroider the A with.  Turned out very nice.
 Cheerleading - Practice- Lounge outfits I made.  I embroidered the word cheer on the back of the shorts.
 Embroidered zebera megaphone on short outfit
 Cheerleading - Practice- Lounge outfits I made.  I embroidered the word cheer on the back of the shorts. Another very popular design.
Athletic pants and T-shirt - ready to workout or play ball.

I am currently on our mini fall break and have been making some new items.  I will try and post new items that I have made this week tomorrow.

As always, thanks for stopping by. 

GiGi













No comments:

Post a Comment