Saturday, January 12, 2013

Hot Fudge Cake - recipe

Not sure how many of you love chocolate but with Valentines coming up next month and the thought of chocolate reminded me of a recipe I grew up with.  I thought I would share with you a recipe - Hot Fudge cake.  It is always a hit when I carry it to pot-lucks.  I like the idea that you can put the chocolate sauce in crock-pot to keep warm.  I hope you all enjoy it.  If you make this recipe come back and leave a comment and let me know what you thought of it or if you made any changes/alterations to the recipe.

Hot fudge cake
Cake:

1 box of favorite chocolate cake mix and bake according to directions in 9 x 13 pan and let cool. ( You can also bake in bundt pan and slice - this one looks better if you want presentation to look good).  If you like nuts you can add 3/4  cup chopped pecans or walnuts to batter.

Sauce:

1 – 12 ounce package of semi-sweet chocolate chips

1-teaspoon vanilla

1 large can of pet milk

1 box of powdered sugar

1 ½ stick of butter

Melt chips, butter slowly in large sauce pan.  Gradually add milk and sugar alternately.  Simmer for a few minutes until all sugar is dissolved and add vanilla.  Slice chocolate cake, place a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle hot fudge sauce on top.  (Note – hot fudge sauce can be transferred to crock pot to keep sauce warm and this recipe can be doubled for large quantities).

2 comments:

  1. Oh no GiGi...I'm on a diet. No fabulous recipes involving chocolate!!!!
    Okay fine. I always make a dessert on Tuesdays because my uncle comes for dinner. I'll try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - it really is good. You can cut calories by using fat free evaporated milk. You can also use cake mix with one can of pumpkin and bake it. ( I have made cakes this way - chocolate and yellow cake mixes and they are really good and cuts a lot of calores). It is also good served with vanilla ice cream. But that adds calories.

    ReplyDelete