Saturday, January 5, 2013

Goals 2013

I had two goals for 2013. One was to create a blog and the other one was to create and open up a Etsy account to sell the doll items I made.  I am getting closer to each of my goals.  I am new to sewing and crafting and I love it. It is addicting as well as Pinterest.  I never dreamed I would have nearly 200 boards and over 20,000 pins on my Pinterest page.  I have a lot of American Girl (AG) boards along with Barbie boards and pins.  Last year I purchased a sewing machine, embroidery machine, Cricut machine, and just this week a serger (learning this one...make take some time).

I bought my sewing machine to sew doll clothes for my granddaughters. Did not realize how addicting this can be. A few friends asked me to sew them some doll clothes to purchase.  I was very nervous at first.  I have never done anything like this.  So I made several tops, skirts, and purses and took them to work. They purchased everything I took and made request for more.  My daughter took doll clothes to where she works and they too purchased a lot and made request for more.

I always tell my nursing students that I teach - if you desire/dream it then go for it.  Sometimes in life we hit bumps and sometimes road blocks along the way. The goal is not to let those bumps and road blocks stop our dreams and goals but to be creative and find ways to move forward. I am looking forward to seeing what 2013 has to offer and what I can offer too.

Thank you for stopping by and since I am new to blogging I will be updating and continueing to create my blog.

GiGi

No comments:

Post a Comment